Peneda-Gerês and Douro Valley Hiking and Wine tasting
Peneda-Gerês National Park and the Douro Valley are two big jewels in the north of Portugal and it’s almost mandatory for those who visit the country. Peneda-Gerês and Douro Valley Hiking and Wine tasting.
We invite you to spend two days with us so you can maximize time and visit these places the best way possible, walking and without concerns. We will handle everything!
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes and footwear;
- Sun screen (summer);
- Beach towel (summer);
- Rain jacket (winter)
- Luggage for one night
Pick up is at the hotel where you are staying and we head towards Pinhão on the Douro Valley to see the vineyards.
In the morning we will hike through the vineyards while having gorgeous views of the landscape and Douro river, ending on a relaxing lunch with regional products.
After lunch we go for wine tasting on a winery, followed by a boat trip on the river so you can have a different perspective of the valley, the river and the vineyards.
At the end of the day we drive to the national park and rest so you can be ready for the next adventure on the following day.
Hike in the only Portuguese National Park. Here everything is different and welcoming: the people, the villages, the mountains and valleys reveal a very different Portugal.
We will walk some hours through ancient trails used by local shepards, where the silence is all you can hear. It is here that Man and Nature live in perfect harmony.
After lunch on a local place, we will go through some of the most beautiful place on the national park, including the Mata da Albergaria, where you can dive and go for a swim in the crystalline waterfalls of the rivers.
Apart from this we will see an ancient roman road – which connected Braga and Astorga (in Spain) – and see villages and meadows for the local cattle.
At the end of the day, we go back to Porto through ancient villages, where people lead a different way of life, away from the city and the noise.
- Explore the Douro Valley hiking through the vineyards
- Walking in a unique landscape, world Heritage of humanity
- Understand the different wines of the region and their production process
- Explore Douro River on a traditional boat
- Find the best viewpoints and see the amazing sights.
- Visit local wineries
- Explore the Peneda-Gerês National Park hiking.
- Short and easy walks in different locations of great scenery and natural value.
- Observation and understanding of the flora and fauna of the National Park.
- Explore rivers and natural waterfalls of the National Park and, if the weather is fine, swim across and dive into its incredible natural lagoons.
- Hiking and Wine Tasting
- Visit local villages
- Private tour
- All transfers (pick-up in Porto, Braga or other places)
- Local English-speaking guide
- 2 Lunches
- Wine tasting
- Boat trip
- Personal accident insurance
- Personal expenses
We can suggest accommodation options